Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wiki wiki wiki

So who knew there were so many things under the title of "wiki"? Obviously not me. I know about Wikipedia, but I didn't realize there was a Wiktionary, Wikiversity, there are even more than that, but I don't think I can list them all.

I do like that fact that you can use the same user name for all of the wiki-sites. It made it easy to move around between them. When I first started trying to edit information, I didn't know where to begin. I felt like I didn't have anything valid to contribute to any of the information shown. So far I have only made small contributions, but really did have fun with adding information on the CI 1516 page. There was no information on the page. There wasn't much to find and then Lucy pointed out that most people spell Pices as Pisces. So I could see how there could be confusion and multiple postings with different spellings.

In creating my profile page, I have started out small. I haven't used 10 different formatting types yet, but I am still trying to figure out what to add. Here is my beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment