Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chirbit

In searching for audio sharing sites, I came across Chirbit. It is free to join and pretty easy to use. You can record, upload, and share sound bites, music, jokes, whatever. You can even link these to Twitter and Facebook.

When you create an account, you get your own page that looks similar to blog pages. You have a menu of anything you have uploaded or created yourself as the main part of the page. Along the side you can have things your are following or your favorites, and you can browse sound files by category. So for the random movie quotes is my favorite area.

You can upload mp3s, m4as, and wav files up to 120mb. You can also record something directly from your webcam or mic up to 2 minutes in length. There are a few things still in beta, such as uploading voice memos from iphone or google voice.

I don't know if I will use this as my primary audio sharing tool, I am still checking out other things. For music I often use Pandora, although I can no longer use it at work - uses too much bandwidth they say. If I find anything else useful and fun I will post it for everyone to check out.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see there is a better option than ZShare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audio sharing is new to me. I am familiar with the use of pod casting and using them to deliver course content, lectures, etc. but this type of web application makes it look easier than I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn, Thanks for finding and sharing this very useful site. I do a lot of this kind of thing with students in audacity, but this site makesit really easy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about Chirbit! I used it too, and I was stumped as to what to be using.

    ReplyDelete