Sunday, February 7, 2010

Making work fun

I loved the video. I liked how even though he was talking about things that were new to me, he made them fun and interesting. I liked how he talked about making the work fun. No one likes just being told to sit at their desk and type in random data that they have no vested interest in. But when you make into an interesting game, it is amazing how many people want to play.

I have never played any of these games before. After reading some of the other posts I have to check out the rice game and found that addicting. I love learning new words. I found that my vocabulary was pretty good, but there were plenty I had no real idea what they meant.

So while all of these games are fun and addicting, I think it is really interesting that someone has found a way to make them mean something. While the image labeler is not feeding the world, it is truly helping to make things more easily found on the Internet. There have been plenty of times I have searched for images on the web only to find some of the most random things pop up.

I am not really sure what other types of things you could use these for, but I am sure there are plenty of applications out there. Labeling images is only a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment