Thursday, April 1, 2010

Objectives

In looking back at the objectives I wrote at the beginning of this class, I have found that I think I have achieved most of them. I could add that I don't think I set any goals that I didn't think that I would be able to achieve in this class, but I don't think I made my objectives too simple either.

We touched on a lot of tools, many of which I am still not too sure what to do with. Google Wave is still something I am not sure I will really use. I have found Moodle to be useful and of course I still like Google groups, mostly because I can respond from my own email. You cannot do this with yahoo groups, very annoying.

I read Christie's post earlier and I do agree that it would be useful to really see how these tools could be applied in actual educational setting, but I think we have at least touched on that. We may not have put it into practice, but I can see many of the options the tools can give. I do think that I need to play more with each tool to see what it's true applications are. I don't think we really did that and that would be nice so we could bounce ideas off of one another. That has happened on a small scale but not as much as I would like.

I still think I would have liked a better road map for this course. I guess primarily because I would like to plan ahead. I often felt rushed to finish the list of tasks and not actually really learn about what I was doing. So now I am trying to go back and play with some of the applications to see if I find them useful or not. There are many things that I see purpose for, but not something that I will use right now, such as Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment