Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hunting JC

My best friend has just had her first book published. It is a romance story. I have never really understood the romance genre. I prefer stories with a plot and real characters. I have to be honest, at first I bought her book with no real intention of reading it. But then I thought, what kind of friend am I? Not a very supportive one. So I have begun reading it. I might be a little biased, but so far it is pretty good. I like that as I am reading I can see my friend in every line. I guess it is true, good writers write from what they know. She does this very well.

She writes under a pseudonym, Dominique Eastwick. I should ask her how she chose that name. She is the mother of two boys and teaches pre-school. She used to work in theatre as a costumer. She designed and built costumes for a lot of shows and was very good at it. After getting married and having her second child, she decided the theatre life was just too time consuming to enjoy her family, so she "retired" from that career and moved into being a full time stay at home mom.

This is where she really began writing. She always wrote little things here and there, but she really started expanding and wanting to be published. The first book she wrote hasn't been published yet. It is a historical romance. She says it is hard to break into that area of the genre.

Her current book, Hunting JC, has already received good reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment