Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun group project - one idea

I am a fan of "where the hell is matt" videos. I can't remember when I saw the first one, but it was before he has sponsorship.

I saw an interview with Diane Sawyer a few weeks ago about this. Lisa Lavie collected videos from singers all over the world and made a video for Youtube of We Are the World. It is really pretty amazing. Some people are in recording studios, while others are singing in their bathrooms with their iPods. Talk about using web 2.0 to collaborate. This is not just putting a presnetation together, but blending voices and people. Of course someone had to put the pieces together into one video, but the concept behind it was great. Lisa just thought the song shouldn't belong just to the "famous" singers, but it should belong to everyone. She doesn't really explain how she got everyone invloved, but the end result is great.





While I am not suggesting we all sing, we could easily piece together something like this. Be it a lipsync as DI has suggested, reading a short story, or something more Wesch-like. I am not so great with coming up with the idea part, but am open to suggestions.

I am still looking for some other videos, but not really sure what to search for. I will post more ideas as I come across them.




No comments:

Post a Comment