Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Embedding re-do

This week as I have been catching up on my homework as well as on everyone else's things, I have come see that I don't always follow directions well. I do seem to get the majority of assignments correct but at times, I either gloss over the details, or just plain forget what the assignment is really telling me to do.

In the process of embedding things, I did get everything into my CMS site, and I did blog on all of the tools I used, but I did not embed thing into my blog. So I am dedicating this blog to hopefully correcting this oversight. (by the way, thank you Maureen for pointing this out)

Youtube makes it very easy to link or embed videos. Each video has the codes for either options right next to them. I understand why so many people use Youtube as it is very user friendly, even those of us brand new to posting can upload a video and find favorites.

Here is a funny little video that has really got a following.


My sister directed this to me as something my fiance and I could do to let people know to save the date for our wedding. Needless to say we won't be doing something quite as dramatic.

I did create a really short slide show using flickr. Flickr makes it very easy to take any of your uploaded images and put them into slideshows. Once you have your pictures ready, in the upper right of your screen you have the option of "slideshow" or "share". When you click slide show the window changes and your slideshow begins. Again in the upper right you will see some options, one of which is share. Click this and you get two options, one is the code to link to your page, the other is the code to embed. Just copy and paste.




Now for audio, I started out using Chirbit, but found that you couldn't actually embed it into anything. You can create a link to it, but anyone who clicks the link must also join Chirbit to hear what you have linked to. I didn't think this was the most user friendly option. So after reading other people's blogs and posts, I checked out Woices. Woices says it is "location based audioguides". There are a lot of things posted here.

The above seems to be a school project. I don't know the urban
legend it is supposed to be based on, but I thought it was fun to see
how people are using this site.

When I first started trying to embed things, I was just copying and pasting
code right in the text area. I kept wondering why nothing was actually
showing up other than the actual text of the code. Well, then I realized I
should be going into the HTML and pasting the code in there. Low and
behold it worked. I found it was then best to preview what I had done to
make sure it worked because the object didn't always show up immediately.
So while I didn't quite do the assignment correctly in one step, I hope that I
have now included everything and it was fun looking things up to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment