Monday, March 1, 2010

Totally free images


So, I realize after posting about what type of license I would use, I was also supposed to find an image with no restrictions and post that in my blog. Boy, that is a challenge. It was kind of fun though. Now that I know a little bit more about copyright, creative commons, etc, I knew what to look for. Most times I have just looked at images and if I didn't see the copyright symbol I assumed I was ok. But that isn't always the case. Just because it isn't visible doesn't mean it doesn't apply.


Like Neil, I typed in lots of things hoping to find something relatively easily. I did check out the sight he suggested, deviantart.com. Pretty cool sight. I found plenty of things under creative commons, but had a tough time finding something completely free with no restrictions. So, I went to google and typed in "copyright free images". Of course a lot of things pop up, but I started looking and reading and found the above image. It came from a blog page that says"all images are of a high resolution and copyright free, so feel free to use them as you wish." It also refers you to biologybigbrother.com to see more images.
So, I have learned, while it might take a bit more effort to find things that are truly for the public by the public, it isn't as impossible as I thought, and I can still give someone credit for at least posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment