Sunday, May 2, 2010

Team project

I worked on the LMS team with Thomas, Shelly, Amy and Maureen. I really enjoyed working with all of them and getting to know them a little more.

I chose the LMS project because I work with the LMS Administrator in my position at work. Until this semester I had not really experienced using an LMS as a student, I have always gone in from the backside as an administrator. UNC Health Care has been exploring acquiring a new LMS as ours really does not function the way we would like it too. A few weeks ago I was able to sit in on Learn.com's presentation about what they can do for us. So far they are our front runner. Their system is very impressive and offers a lot of possibilities.

I liked hearing from my other teammates how they use an LMS and what capabilities they would like as instructors as well as student users. I am intrigued to see what our Facebook page might bring as far as discussions and other ideas.

I learned a lot doing this project. I have really started to learn how to create with Prezi. I have started looking at what LMS's can do and why they are an integral part of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment